Sunday, January 27, 2013

Summer!

Originally Posted on July 29th, 2011


Well, it’s been quite a summer! As you can see, our kids are growing up!

Here are some of the highlights, without going into too much detail:

My first year at Panhandle HS concluded! 

My private percussion students and I gave a recital at Amarillo College in May.

We took our HS Band Trip to Southern California! It was a BLAST!

Our family was officially “homeless” while we waited to close on our new house (don’t worry, we stayed with Kayla’s parents!).

We moved to Panhandle! (I am so class to the band hall that I plan on walking or riding my bike to school.)

We took a family trip to Breckenridge, CO. (Just in time for record highs in the Panhandle of Texas. It was only 70 degrees there. That family trip will probably be it’s own blog post. It totally kicked butt!)

I wrote marching band music like a mad man! (Over the last few months, I wrote 8 shows! Man, I’m kinda tired...)

Our kids attended our church’s Vacation Bible School Program. Kayla was a volunteer and they all had a great time.

I played in a 4th of July Concert with the Amarillo Symphony Orchestra. It was a lot of snare drum. A lot.

Our youngest, McKinley, had to spend a couple of days in the hospital because she wasn’t getting over her Strep fast enough. I don’t think she enjoyed it one bit, but she’s great now and is starting to walk!

I taught at WTAMU Band Camp for two weeks!

I rode my bike for the first time in about 7 years! (Fortunately, it was like, um, riding a bike.)

Then, instead of going to TBA (Texas Bandmaster’s Association Convention), I stayed home to write. Did I mention that I kept really busy writing all summer???

That’s it for now. Now that I’m not commuting from Amarillo to Panhandle, I hope to have more time to blog. (Empty promises.... Ready... Go!)

No comments: