Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Contest looms...

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I tend to get very singularly minded. And when something like band contest is on the horizon, it is really difficult for me to focus my energies on anything else.

For instance, I'm working on a new band piece that I'm hoping will be a Grade 3. Well, with band contest hanging over my head, everything I'm trying to write sounds like my contest selections! And if I have some success straying from that, then they turn into the contest selections for our Junior High!

So, in about a month, I should have a new piece of music, but I gotta tell you, I'm a little worried that it's going to sound a bit like a medley: "The Hosts of Ghost Fleet, Scarborough Fair Variations Freedom March."

Or... "Polka and Trombone King from the opera Incantation and Dance."

Argh!!!

No comments: