Friday, July 07, 2006

Pampa Drum Camp

I was fortunate enough to get asked to lead a drum camp in Pampa. Pampa has a special place in my heart: that's where my Dad grew up and where my grandmother and aunt lived until they passed away. Pampa also has a very rich band tradition and it was very cool to be a very small part of that.

The snares rehearse a roll exercise. They are already locking some rolls!

Garrett concentrates on playing his split part correctly.











Andrew works on some tenor licks. His lips aren't really black. I'm not sure why it looks like that! Andrew is definitely not GOTH!



The cymbals hard at work.








Dustin and Jesse. Jesse has "plugs." They're kind of like earrings, but bigger (and scarier).






The keyboards in the front of full ensemble rehearsal. Robin and Courtney (and Andrea, not pictured) really came a long way!








Tenor Madness!







The snares, getting the hang of playing at 3 inches.



No comments: