Friday, July 07, 2006

Independence Day!


So, we went to Elkhart for the Fourth of July and had a really good time:

It wasn't very hot there at all, but our nieces Kylie and Aubrey insisted that they get in the pool. They wanted Regan to join them, so we had to explain that she doesn't like having here bath, let alone getting in a swimming pool! Besides, do they make bathing suits for 6 week olds? Ummm, unfortunately, I know the answer to that...

Kayla's aunt and uncle Betty and Gary were there. If you ever have to play a board game with Betty, make sure you are on HER team! She's a pretty smart cookie (well, she married Gary, right?). On the few occasions I've had to be on her team or side on a board game, I've never regretted it, because we always dominate!





Monday afternoon, Rick and Sarah and I got into a very competitive game of "Dogopoly." Of course, that's just a stylized version of Monopoly. Who won? Sarah. Who went bankrupt first? Me. I'm just glad I don't really handle my own money like I did on that game...










Here's Kayla's dad, Brad with the helmet to his new motorcycle. I think he should get a side car for it, but he doesn't seem to agree with me on that...







And Grandma Peggy with Regan.









Kayla had the good idea of getting Old Navy flag shirts for all three of us. Here's a picture of the three of us in our matching shirts.








Kylie and Aubrey with Regan.








Aubrey poses next to a napping Regan.







Then on the night of the fourth, we went to watch the city's firework display.















Regan, at her first fireworks display, with her Mom. Regan did well and didn't even get upset with the loud firing!

No comments: