Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Alumni Percussion Ensemble

In January, Dr. Susan Martin Tariq hosted an Alumni Percussion Ensemble for all former West Texas A&M (WTSU) students to participate in. Not only did I get to catch up with a number of guys I went to school with, but I also got to meet a lot of the students we had only heard stories of. And even though there were some pretty wide ranges of ages and experiences, we all came together in our shared love of percussion and our mutual respect for Dr. Tariq.

If only I had had the forethought to take pictures throughout the weekend, this blog would be more complete. But I didn't think about taking my camera to the rehearsals on Saturday morning and afternoon or the party Saturday night where we all took turns playing drums in a jazz trio (I waited to play until practically everyone had left... "did Joe Woolsey leave? Okay, I'll play.")

Anyhow, here are several pictures I took from before our concert on Sunday afternoon. I won't give each one a caption -- they are pretty self-explanatory.





No comments: